15 January 2007

Post-Christmas Post

I know it's well after Christmas, but I just wanted to say that this year I received some of the most personal, hand-crafted goodness ever. First of all, I have some amazingly talented and creative friends and family members. Secondly, those who aren't naturally "crafty" know that I value the time and effort that goes into making something by hand so they are willing to go out on a limb and try something new. It's so much fun to see that.

I won't list all the great gifts I got. But I did want to give a shout out to Amy for the most unusual gift. Amy and I once had a conversation about the oddities of 1950s cooking (jello in everything, what is UP with that!?). She happened across these great recipe cards and made me three little notepads. My personal favorite is the "Jellied Chicken Salad" in the front right. I don't think the picture quite captures the intense repulsiveness of this dish. I love these little notepads and I'm keeping them front and center on my desk.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Actually, I can't take credit for making those. I found them at a crafty sale. Don't know the artist's name but her company is "Mugwump". Glad you like them -- they cracked me up!

Followers