12 February 2006

The Truely Hideous Chairs #1


About two weeks ago I found these Truely Hideous Chairs (or THCs) on Craigslist for $50. I liked the shape of them and decided they were cheap enough to be upholstery experiments. I'm going to document my tearing apart and putting back together attempt here on Beesnest. I hope that if I take enough pictures of tearing them apart, I'll remember how to put them back together. Just to be on the safe side, I'm leaving the chair that was in slightly better shape intact so that I can use it as a model. To be on the safe side, I also checked out a couple of books on upholstery from the library--I can't say that I've really read them, but I looked at the pictures and it doesn't look too hard :) Here's how they looked to start with.

No comments:

Followers