10 July 2006

Guest Room

Currently I am trying to finish up the guest room (since we have guests coming next week). I want it to be bright and airy and summery and oh so welcoming. Here's what the room looked like when we moved into the house:

We promptly ripped out the brown shag carpet and took down the nasty brown venetian blinds. We put a bed in there (where we slept during the Never-Ending Bedroom project). And pretty much that was it.

This spring I was inspired to take some paint to it. I was stuck for color inspiration until I found this greeting card by Stephanie Dyment. I love the cool blue-green with the golden yellow and the shot of red. So, I settled on a blue-green paint for the room. My friend Stacey had a gallon of leftover soft aqua paint that I mixed with some left over Metro paint to make the right shade for the walls. I also painted all the paneling bright white. This week I'm finishing up painting trim (because I hate painting trim and procrastinate on it whenever possible). I'm also on the search for the Perfect linens and accessories to make it feel like a welcoming nest. Stay tuned for details and multiple trips to Target.

1 comment:

Cowells said...

groovy card. can't wait to see photos of the room when finished.

Followers