02 January 2009

Inspiration: Leah Evans' Map Quilts


These map quilts by Leah Evans are A M A Z I N G. I want to make something like this when I grow up. I have a little obsession with maps and with aerial photography. I like the collision between nature/organic and human intervention---like where creeks and rivers cross jaggedly through the grid of farm land. I've even been collecting some aerial photographs as inspiration. Maybe once I get through the baby projects on my plate I can tackle an adult project like a map quilt of my own.

P.S. If you love maps, you should check out my friend Rachel Austin's work too.

3 comments:

Kathy Beachy said...

I personally don't know anyone more creative and busy with creative projects than you!

Stephanie Breuner said...

man, those map quilts are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Those are AMAZING! Must see more...

Followers