12 July 2010

Made: Built by Wendy Top

Although I haven't been posting, I have been sewing in fits and starts around here. Here's a project I finished in May (yeah, I'm a little behind with posts).

I have a girl crush on Built by Wendy's Wendy Mullins. I love her "modern fit, classic style". This shirt is Simplicity 4111 that I bought a long time ago on the cheap-pattern days at Joann's. I had this Denyse Schmidt fabric that I'd been hording that I decided to finally cut into. Here's how it turned out:

IMG_6547_edited-1

I now know that I need at least an additional inch in length in the upper bodice piece. It balloons out more than it should because it doesn't fit my bust correctly. I like the rest of the pattern well enough to sew it again sometime with more length in the bodice. I suppose I should actually READ the pattern reviews before I dive in.

I had some leftover fabric so, of course, I had to make the Sprout some clothes too. This is Indietute's Toddler Peasant Shirt and the skirt is so lazy, it's not even quite a Lazy Day's Skirt.

IMG_6552

IMG_6533

5 comments:

w said...

...and a little matching broach? It's all too cute! That fabric looks good on you!

cara. said...

i love it. but i think you already know that.

Mary A. Miller said...

Way cute! Both of you!

Lise said...

Oh, my goodness, is she a cutie! (And I love the matching outfits while you can still get away with it!)

Thanks for your supportive comment on my blog. It's good to know I'm not boring people with my work talk!

Cottonista said...

That color looks great on you, Deb! And your shirt turned out nicely. Silvie looks adorable too!

And now....a matching shirt for Nate? Heh heh heh.

Followers