09 December 2010

Christmas is Coming

Christmas is coming. I can feel the intensity ratcheting up and the excitement and the anxiety as I walk into the school buildings. I can feel my own anxiety go up when I get mail and email saying things like "Buy Your Last-Minute Gifts Now". And my job is super-busy and I'm tired and I'm not getting any Christmas crafting or decorating or baking or shopping done during the week so it all has to happen on the weekends. And my blood pressure rises ever so slightly every time I think of this.

And I have to consciously remind myself to breathe. To remember this hype is not Truth. This anxiety is not about anything real. This is not the Christmas that I want to come into my life.

I will breathe. I will have a leisurely dinner with my family. I will giggle with little girls as they stuff cookies in their mouths and look at their matching red stockings. I will re-read my Christmas Manifesto.

Christmas is coming.

-----------------
Photo credit goes to the Housemate. Leg credit goes to the Sprout and the Little Housemate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! This is so cute! Yes, doesn't it seem like the days are flying by too swiftly. I'm having fun, but am I getting the right things done? Lord, help me.
Your Mom

elle + josh said...

wow. i think it's been a long time since i've seen the sprout and the little cub. i'm having a hard time believing those firmly planted (& of course beautifully stockinged) legs belong to those girls who were barely walking last time i saw them. maybe that is an exaggeration. but really. they're growing up fast!

Followers