31 January 2011

February Challenge #2

As I said in the last post, there are some great February Challenges out there on the internets.

I've been reading a lot of fashion blogs lately. By fashion blogs, I mean normal women who dress well and blog about it. One of my favorites, Kendi Everyday, is hosting a 30 for 30 Challenge. Basically, the idea is to choose 30 items from your closet and remix only those 30 items to make 30 distinct outfits for the month.

Yikes! Personally, I have a hard enough time getting dressed every morning without having to work out a permutation (and then try to get a good photo of that outfit and blog it too). And I'm not sure I even own 30 decent items to remix. So no challenge for me this time around but I am going to watch with fascination. And awe. Perhaps I'll be braver the next time she hosts a 30 for 30 Challenge and try it myself.

If you're curious, you can see Kendi's photos from the Fall 30 for 30 Challenge here. And yes, Kendi is beautiful and stylish and has a husband who is a professional photographer. I want to hate her. Except that she is drop-dead funny on a daily basis.

How do YOU decide how to dress each day? I'm working on this these days--trying to look pulled together and a bit creative every day. I'd love to know how you do it. Do you plan ahead or just grab the next clean thing in your closet every morning?

1 comment:

Miss Prickly said...

I'm in a uniform phase: skirt, boots, sweater.
I'm really too lazy to be good at fashion.

Followers