I've been struggling a little lately. I almost posted a whiny essay about how my life stunk last week. But my better self told me that a.) you wouldn't want to read my whiny post and b.) writing it reminded me how stupid I sounded complaining. I have a fulfilling job, a loving husband, a healthy child, a warm home. I really have nothing to complain about. But I have had that February Feeling. The one where everything just feels a little "off" and the grey, rainy days have taken their toll.
That means it's time for some radical self-care to change my frame of mind. Here's my plan:
1. Eat right. No more eating portions that make me feel yucky afterward.
2. Exercise. I HAVE to find a way to work this into my day even if I have to (horrors!) get up an hour earlier. More likely I'll add a shot of espresso to my afternoon so that I still have a bit of juice left in me after the Sprout goes to bed.
3. Plan some times to get out with friends--go see my friend Amy's play, plan a craft day.
4. Remember to enjoy the Sprout and just play with her sometimes instead of trying to work around her.
5. Watch the calendar page flip to March and hope that means the February Feeling goes away.
That's my start.
What do you do to lift your mood? I can always use some more ideas.