18 July 2011

Precious Summer (Or-- Summer Vacation Photos, part 1)

Hello there. Is this thing on? It seems like it's been forever since I posted anything of substance. Sorry 'bout that. It's been a little busy around here. After we wrapped up the school year, the Sprout and I travelled to Indiana to spend time with family and friends. Then we flew to Arizona where we met the Wise and Bearded One and spent a week with his family on the lovely mesas north of Flagstaff.

We've been home for about a week now. You'd think that I would have gotten around to blogging by now. It's not for a lack of things to say, and there are pictures just waiting for their debuts. But returning home from vacation has its own challenges. First there are the multiple loads of vacation laundry to be done. Then the garden, which appears to have been stealthily taking growth hormones while we were gone, needed to be weeded and harvested. And the shrubs around the house, how did they get so big and ungainly? Our house looked vaguely neglected. So that had to be attended to before blogging.

Then there's the Summer List....an ever-expanding unwritten list of All The Things I Will Do This Summer that I have been formulating in my head for the last several months. Sometimes I'm simply paralyzed by all the possible ways I could spend the few short weeks between now and late August. (And I went to Target the other day and the Back-to-School section was already installed and I had a momentary panic as I felt my summer had just begun!)

So, while I try to figure out what's what around here, I'll post some photos of our time in Indiana. It was precious time for the Sprout to love and be loved on by her grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. It was also precious time for me as I got to sleep in a few days and meet up with friends for coffee all by myself, since there were some grandparents around eager to entertain the Sprout. Here are some of our precious family members.

IMG_0137_edited-1

IMG_0143_edited-2

IMG_0151

IMG_0162

IMG_0169


IMG_0224_edited-2

My parents and their five grandchildren....who would not cooperate for a picture.

IMG_0272

My mom, my grandmother and my daughter. Precious.

No comments:

Followers