At two and a half, you clearly have a mind of your own. There are so many things I want to remember about this inquisitive and charming stage of your life.
- Words to describe you: Determined, Fierce, Persistent, a bit Reserved,
- Favorite store: Trader Joe's
- Favorite food: potstickers!, gnocchi!, and Papa Cookies! (Papa Cookies are Trader Joe's version of Oreos)
- Favorite songs: ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (Like a Dino in the Sky), Jesus Loves Me, Little Bird Fly through my Window, Three Little Birds ("don't borry, 'bout a ting, 'cause every little 'tings gonna be alwight"), and You Are My Sunshine (a perfectly Portland song)
- Current Obsession: Dora and Deigo ("Guh-gay-go") You love yelling incomprehensible words in Spanglish at the television screen ("Abeeba!")
- Best Friends: Tait and Renatah
- Person you pretend to dislike: Papa "I no bike you, Papa! Go abay!" but then a few minutes later you will say "You are my favorite boy Papa in the whole world."
- I'll miss: The "fronting" you do on so many words with a d or b sound replacing the initial consonant. It makes a conversation with you a verbal treasure hunt--guessing the meaning from context and intonation, not from the words. For example: "Mama, I taw a butter ball!" had me confused for many minutes until I realized we had passed a water feature that looked like a water fall.
- Favorite book: We're Going on a Bear Hunt (you mostly know it by heart)
- Bible verse: "I am with you always. Matthew 28:20" said or sang at the top of your voice (you learned it for CBS).
- Greatest accomplishment: Potty Training. You are potty trained except for night time.
- New favorite game: You just started playing a modified version of the "Memory" matching card game.
- Favorite word: "Poopie", of course. You're two and a half.