19 October 2011

Made: End-Of-Summer Bag

(image sources linked via Pinterest)

This summer I was loving some tote bags I saw on the internet that appeared to be made out of rag rugs.  Now I'm far too cheap to buy something that I think I can DIY myself so I bought a small cotton rug at IKEA (remember this haul?)  and built my own bag.  Of course, by the time I made it, it was the end of summer and so it only got to go on one trip to the beach and a week or two of going to work with me before it got replaced by my cold weather tote bag (made by my MIL).  But I imagine it will survive many future trips to the coast and the pool in the coming summers.

IMG_1546

IMG_1548

One IKEA cotton rug
Two yards cotton webbing
Denim scraps for binding and inner pocket

 Now I'm inspired to try to replicate a bag like one of these for fall:

(once again, image sources linked via Pinterest)






No comments:

Followers