26 December 2011

These Days

IMG_3007


Dear friends across the miles,

Thanks for reading my blog and making kind comments and, in general, letting me know that I am not alone in the world.  This blog has been a bit quiet the last month, somewhat intentionally, as l tried to focus on living out my Christmas manifesto and crossing blogging off my internal to-do list was one easy thing I could do to simplify my life. Thanks for sticking around.

And Christmas came and it was delightful.  We went to Christmas eve services at church and had a Christmas party for Jesus.  We opened up all the packages from our friends and family that have arrived in the mail over the last few weeks (Santa doesn't bring Christmas around here....it's the mail carrier and Auntie Amazon.com).  We gathered up some other Christmas orphans and had a big Christmas brunch. Like I said, it was delightful.

But these days after Christmas, these days are my favorite days.  I love the traditional church calendar Christmas--the one that begins on December 25 and ends on Epiphany, January 6.  For me, these are the true days of Christmas.  The days to be cozy at home with the ones we love.  Not the busy-ness and pregnant anticipation of Advent, but the quiet, hazy days after the Child is born.

So snuggle up on the couch, light some candles, quaff a warm beverage, catch up on your internet reading or read a real honest-to-goodness book.  Hug your snuffly, sick and grouchy husband (scratch that, he says he's just "moody").  Watch your little girl spin around the living room in her new Christmas tutu.  Be in no hurry to remove the Christmas decorations.  Put away the cluttery bits that annoy you, but keep the lights and the tree and the greenery.  Keep reading the stories of hope and faith and love.

Let Christmas continue in your heart.

Much love,
Deb

P.S.  I just amused myself by finding that I wrote almost the same post last year.  :)  At least I'm consistent.


IMG_2887


IMG_2870

IMG_2894
IMG_2957

IMG_2972

IMG_2971
IMG_2981

IMG_3022

-------
More photos on Flickr for the grandmas, grandpas, aunties, and other internet stalkers :)

No comments:

Followers