02 December 2007

Long-overdue Gift


P1020572
Originally uploaded by ndmiller
My friend, Angie, got married in September. I finished her wedding gift this weekend..... I guess you wouldn't say that I'm ahead of the game at this point.

For John and Angie's wedding, her dad made them a dining room table and chairs, so I thought that making placemats and napkins would be a good gift. I loosely based my pattern on Amy Butler's In Stitches book but I used Joel Dewberry's gorgeous fabrics. Of course, originally this was supposed to be a fall gift so the colors were perfect. (more pictures on Flick'r)

I still have a couple of belated birthday presents to finish up and then I can move on to CHRISTMAS :) Yay! I'm really in the Christmas mood this year, and after this week my graduate class will be over and I'll have more time to commit to craft.

2 comments:

Cottonista said...

I love them! They look right at home on your dining room table too. With all the gifts you make for other people, do you have time to make stuff for yourself?!

Deb said...

Ummm....not really. Usually the things I keep for myself are the "flops". I've really got to quit doing that! Maybe after Christmas, I'll make myself some gifts :)

Followers