27 July 2011

Summer Vacation Photos, Part 3

I finally got around to uploading the rest of our vacation photos to Flickr so now I can put a few on the blog.

----------

When we arrived in Arizona it was a blistering 116 degrees so we spent a lot of time in the pool at the hotel and then at the home of friends in Black Canyon City. The Sprout was terrified of water last summer so I was wondering how she would react this year. Never fear, she started out a bit cautiously but by the end of a couple of days of watching her cousins play in the pool and experimenting a bit herself, she was willing to be towed into the deep end and learning how to blow bubbles in the water. I hope to get her into the pool at Mt. Scott Community Center some yet this summer and fall so we can continue to build on her beginning swimming skills. I didn't learn to swim until well into my teen-age years and I'd like her to be a much earlier and more confident swimmer.

IMG_0381

The Sprout and I

IMG_0393

The Sprout and her Papa
IMG_0450

A bunch of cousins spent every waking minute in the pool. Even little cousin Checky got in on the action.

IMG_0395_edited-1

IMG_0458

This shot gives you an idea of the great pool and view from the house where we stayed in Black Canyon City.

----------

Many more photos from our travels are here on Flickr. I seem to be having some issues with Flickr right now. Let me know if you'd like to see the photos and can't figure out how to view them.

No comments:

Followers