22 November 2011

Pinspiration: Autumn Chopped Salad

On Pinterest:



On my table:

IMG_2541

Although I'd like to eat salads more often, I am an uninspired salad-maker.  I saw this combination of pears, cranberries, pecans, and bacon and thought I could sell it to most of the members of our household.  A little bit of bacon goes a long way in enticing some of the less-inclined members to eat their veggies.  And I'm not just talking about the toddlers, if you get my drift.

We probably erred on the side of over-indulgence.  The Wise and Bearded One happened to purchase a more expensive and more pungent goat cheese that we tried to use in this salad.  It really over-powered the rest of the ingredients and all the flavors just didn't seem to work together.  We also didn't have any balsamic vinaigrette so we skipped that entirely. 

I'd be willing to give it another shot with a milder cheese and maybe trying the poppy seed dressing mixed with balsamic vinaigrette that the recipe recommends.

In the meantime, 3 out of 5 stars.  Recipe HERE.

No comments:

Followers